Life Can Do Terrible Things

'Terrible Things'

A father and son is sitting on a shore picking fishes.. father tells his son his story..

By the time I was your age
......I'd give anything
To fall in love truly
Was all I could think
That's when I met your mother
The girl of my dreams
The most beautiful woman
That I'd ever seen

She said "Boy, can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice you staring at me
I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

Now son, I'm only telling you this
Because life, can do terrible things

Now most of the time
We'd have too much to drink
And we'd laugh at the stars
And share everything
Too young to notice
And too dumb to care
Love was a story
That couldn't compare

I said "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and string
Open with care now, I'm asking you please
You know that I love you
''Will you marry me?"

Now son, I'm only telling you this
Because life, can do terrible things
You'll learn one day
I hope and I pray that God shows you differently

She said "Boy, can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks
Please don't be sad now, I really believe
You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees

So don't fall in love
There's just too much to lose
If you're given the choice
I'm begging you choose
To walk away, walk away
Don't let it get you
I can't bear to see the same happen to you

Now son, I'm only telling you this
Because life, can do terrible things.. (-_-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...